Saturday, March 9, 2013

Progress

Thanks in part to all the snowstorms we’ve had this winter,  I’ve had a lot of time to make progress on some of my BOM quilt blocks and projects.

I’m now working on Block 6 of my “Vintage Memories” BOM quilt from This ‘N That.   Pictured below are Blocks #4 and  #5.  Woohoo!  Ten blocks made and only 3 to go!    I was so excited to see that I was more than 2/3’s finished with this project until I reviewed the finishing instructions and saw the amount of piecing left for borders and sashing.

I just love the 3 Sisters fabrics in this BOM!  Yummy taupe, salmon, coral and aqua.

Projects_Feb_March 2013 005

Doing this BOM has taught me to take my time, measure accurately and cut carefully! 

The second project that I finished was the doll quilt sew along from Lori of "Humble Quilts".  I started this project in January. Never having made a small quilt before I  thought it would be a good opportunity to do some hand quilting but on a small scale.  I don’t have a lot of 19th century repro fabrics in my stash  that are anything like the original,  so I purchased some fat quarters in colors I liked that had a vintage feel. 

Now that this is finished I’ll be sending it to  my quilting pen pal, Denise, who lives in England.  There are some blatant mistakes and it’s definitely “humble” but it comes from my heart and my hand and  I know she will appreciate that.   I decided to name my quilt “Abundance” which is the same name that Lori also chose for hers because I feel so abundantly blessed by my family and friends.

Projects_Feb_March 2013 013

Projects_Feb_March 2013 014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. When you do, you make my day!