Sunday, April 20, 2014

Are your ducklings in a row?

It’s a bit chill here this Easter morning but should warm up enough for us to have an egg hunt for Calvin later this afternoon.  Hope the Easter Bunny is very polite this year when he drops off your basket and doesn’t nibble your tulips!
I feel like I have all my ducks or should I say “ducklings” in a row—well maybe there’s one non-conformist in the group,  but sometimes things don’t turn out the way you plan and sometimes they turn out even better.
Last year I saw these little Prim chicks and thought I could duplicate them.  I used to do a lot of soft-sculpture Prim dolls and these little chicks looked pretty simple. So I bought the materials I thought I needed to make them for Easter 2013.IMG_0113
I’ve been staring at the supplies in my sewing room for the past 12 months and several times  nearly discarded them because I don’t do a lot of these little craft projects.  Luckily, (maybe it was the influence of the spring equinox and the full moon) I got the inspiration and urge I needed to work on these and what do you know--chicks became ducklings! 
DSC02678
Aren’t they cute!   They sort of developed their own personality just like real baby ducks.  My sister and I raised six baby Peking ducks when we were children and each of them had a unique personality.  
These little ducklings will be marching in line across our Easter dinner table, but they’d be cute for baby shower favors too!  Each measures about 2 1/2 inches by 3 inches.   If you’d like the pattern and directions, click on the "Duckling Instructions" on the left side bar.

In the meantime, Happy Easter and I hope you have all of your ducklings in a row!
DSC02681

Gail :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. When you do, you make my day!