Thursday, August 12, 2010

Raffle Quilt Update & More

It's been a few days since my last post. I got home late Tuesday afternoon and was pretty tired from the drive (and being up with Calvin the previous night) but before I left home Sunday, I scheduled an appointment for late Tuesday with an elderly couple who want me to do a fall clean up of their garden and maybe again in spring too. They have some pretty extensive plantings including two ponds and have asked for a flat rate so I've been working up an estimate this morning which I'll drop off tomorrow. They want the work done after they leave for Florida on or around October 15th, which works well with my schedule too.


I worked on the raffle quilt most of yesterday after squeezing in a much-needed haircut and finally gave up on the pinwheel idea for the top and bottom borders. I just couldn't make the math work and can't afford to take any more time to figure it out and sew the extra pinwheels I'd need. It has to be quilted and bound by Saturday. So instead I'm going with a scrappy saw tooth border around the whole quilt and I'm liking how it looks.

I'm off to the Lowell Quilt Festival later this morning and "Images 2010" after I make a stop at a fellow garden club member's house to trim her weeping cherry's "cowlick"! More later.

P.S. Here's the link for the Lowell Quilt Festival which is running through Saturday, the 14th. www.lowellquiltfestival.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. When you do, you make my day!